Questions About Custody Relocation?

As American society becomes more and more mobile, many families must face the task of deciding what to do when one parent wants to move out of state with the children. Parents need to comply with they law if the plan to take a child out of state. At Karen Ann Ulmer, P.C., we work with parents to help them achieve their goals while complying with the law and ensuring that their actions are in the child's best interests.

Parental Relocation Attorney Serving Langhorne Area

Before moving with a child out of state, you will need to file a relocation petition with the court or obtaining permission in writing from the other parent. Some factors that courts usually consider in a relocation case include:

  • Availability of continuing contact with the other parent
  • Reasons for the move
  • Reasons why someone wants to restrict the move

If You Are Planning To Move

Consult a lawyer before relocating your child out of state. Relocating with your child without permission from the court can have significant ramifications. You may need to revise the original child custody agreement and parenting plan. Our attorneys can assist you in filing a petition for relocation with the court. It is best to plan as soon as possible and it can take time.

If Your Child's Other Parent Plans To Move

Discovering that your child's other parent is planning to move with your child out of state can be a very distressing experience. Our Bucks County custody relocation attorneys are prepared to take steps to protect your right to be near your child.

Call for a Confidential Consultation

Schedule a call for a confidential consultation by contacting our office in Bucks County at 215-752-6200.

  • Avvo Rating
  • 10.0 Superb
  • 2014 top 100 lawyers ASLA
  • Overall Client Rating in Family Law - 4.8 out of 5.0